Recipe by Chef Dudo
This is a very easy sauce. We usually eat it as it is but of course you can add meat or fish or more vegetables if you want to.
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can canned whole tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in a large skillet.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Let simmer, uncovered, for about 50 minutes, or until thickness of sauce is to your liking
- Freezes well.