1/3 Photos of Spaghetti sauce with meat and chorizo
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Is it Italian? Is it Spanish? Is it original? I'm not sure, but it tasted great!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 chorizo sausage, peeled,quartered,sliced finely (about 100g)
- 450 g ground beef (I used lamb)
- 1/4 cup white wine (I used vermouth)
- 1 (250 g) jar tomato paste
- 2 (440 g) cans chopped peeled tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 pinch mixed spice (pumpkin spice is similar)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, or until it softens.
- 3Add the garlic and saute for a further 5 minutes-don't allow to burn.
- 4Add the sliced chorizo, and cook for a couple of minutes, until the fat starts to run.
- 5Now add the meat and brown really well.
- 6I've learned to do this (thanks Evelyn/Athens) over about 15 minutes to get a really good flavour, so be patient.
- 7At this stage, I drain all the fat and oil off that I can.
- 8Pour in the wine, and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the tomato paste, and cook a couple of minutes more.
- 9Add the chopped tomatoes, water, herbs, mixed spice and celery salt and bring to the boil.
- 10Reduce to a simmer, and cook gently for about 2 hours uncovered, stirring occasionally and making sure not too much water has evaporated or that the dish is sticking.
- 11Stir through the parsley before serving over pasta of your choice.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti sauce with meat and chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.5
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 514.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: