Recipe by Jack's wife
This recipe is a crowd pleaser. Makes enough for a big crowd or freeze some. For a meatier sauce add another pound of hamburger. For a thicker sauce put 28 oz less tomatoes in. Mushrooms can also be added.
Top Review by briceg
This was a wonderful meat sauce. I did not tweak it that much. After halving the recipe, I added a 2 tablespoons of vinegar, and added a bit of flour and water. It was thick, meaty, delicious, devoured. The kids liked it, but more importantly, the wife did too! I'll be making this again.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or 6 cloves garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 4 (28 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes or 8 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef