Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 lb mild Italian chicken sausage
- 1 lb hot Italian chicken sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (I use Contadina Italian herb)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Cut sausage into one inch pieces and brown in olive oil in large saucepan.
- Add mushrooms, celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, wine, water, oregano, sugar, rosemary, bay leaf and salt and pepper; simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain well.
- Remove bay leaf from sauce.
- Serve spaghetti with sauce and parmesan cheese.