Recipe by SmoochTheCook
Mmmmmmmm, ground chicken makes this spaghetti sauce lower in fat and calories, but it still has the flavor bursting through with the yummy tomatoes.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can vegetable juice
- 1 (500 ml) tomato sauce
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup grape jelly
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Drain excess fat under warm water.
- Add all ingredients (chicken included) in the pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to low, simmering for 20-25 minutes.
- If you'd like at this point, you can take a potatoe masher (yeah, that's the technical term, right?) and mash the tomatoes into the sauce more. Serve over cooked pasta.