Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Made this up yesterday because I have a surplus of cream cheese and needed to use it. The measurements are estimates: I used ready-made sauce. I am sure it would work well with homemade sauce as well. I imagine you could also use homemade salsa too.
- Place olive oil in large skillet and turn up to medium heat.
- Chop onion, then add to hot oil; saute for approximately three minutes.
- Add ground beef and sausage. Stir and cook until both are well browned (20-25 minutes).
- Remove oil from pan (I tilt the pan and spoon it out).
- Add sauce, then add the salsa.
- Cover and cook at medium heat until sauce starts to bubble (15 minutes).
- Cut cream cheese into chunks and stir into the sauce. Cook and stir until thoroughly melted (15 minutes).
- Serve over pasta, rice or bread.
I was a little nervous to make this dish, but I really needed to cook my hamburger and I have been looking for a recipe to use the cream cheese I had, so I figured it was worth a try. I loved it! All the ingredients worked really well together and brought out a great flavor! I will make this again.
I'm eating the leftovers as I type; really good! I served over spaghetti. Made for PAC Spring 08.