Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml dried onion, minced
- 59.14 ml dried parsley flakes
- 44.37 ml dried vegetable flakes or 44.37 ml sweet pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml italian seasoning
- 19.71 ml salt
- 19.71 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml dried garlic, minced
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE SAUCE
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 473.18 ml water
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- Combine the first eight ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 1 year.
- To use: Stir in 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce mix, water and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
I used this mix to add to my own spaghetti sauce. It was SO freakin' good, I couldn't wait to come on here and tell ya! EXCELLENT substitute for all the dry ingredients you put in a Spaghetti Sauce, and the great thing is you can make it up ahead and have it handy right when you need it. Thanks Miranda!
I make my own spaghetti sauce from scratch--including all the herbs & such, but needed a list of ingredients for Stuffed Egg Rolls which calls for a packet mix. Your recipe came to my RESCUE!!! Thank you for posting---this was SO helpful! *Made for ZWT3 Zingo Game*
Nice blend. I didn't follow the directions for making the actual sauce at the end - I used my own homemade recipe and then just replaced the spices I usually add with this blend instead, which worked well. Made for PAC Spring '12.