Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Spaghetti Sauce Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried vegetable flakes or 3 tablespoons sweet pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried garlic, minced
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE SAUCE
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Combine the first eight ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 1 year.
- To use: Stir in 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce mix, water and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Nice blend. I didn't follow the directions for making the actual sauce at the end - I used my own homemade recipe and then just replaced the spices I usually add with this blend instead, which worked well. Made for PAC Spring '12.
Great mix! I will definatley use this again, only with less salt. I found it a bit on the salty side and I actually prefer my food pretty salty. Other than that I loved it!
My first time making a spaghetti sauce "mix" but not the last! This resulted in a restaurant worthy spaghetti sauce. I was going to sub the dried parsley for the fresh (never have it on hand) but ending up forgetting. This was great on tortellini and as a base for lasagna. Thanks MirandaLee, for posting- Roxygirl