Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I created for my Mom who is a heart patient with diabetes. We're always looking for new low salt recipes!
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pizza seasoning, mix (Winco bulk foods)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- Saute onion in olive oil.
- Add ground beef and cook till done.
- Drain oil and water off. Add rest of ingredients and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with whole wheat pasta for a quick, healthy meal!
- * The nutrition info is way off on this. I use Flavorite (winco brand) tomato paste which is only 100 mg sodium for a whole can. Be sure to check labels!