Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A basic sauce you can cook in the crock pot so you have time to do other things.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 793.78 g tomatoes, including juice from can
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 14.79 ml honey
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, bell peppers, garlic, and celery cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Add tomato and juice from can, parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and honey to crock pot.
- Cook on low for at least 4 hours or 2 hours on high.
- Remove bay leaf.
- pour ingredients from crock pot into a blender and run until smooth.
Good sauce for any type of pasta meal. I have an extra-large crockpot, so I doubled this recipe and froze half. I prefer my sauce slightly chunky, so I used a potato masher instead of using the blender.