Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
a base to use with any pasta and any added ingredients you choose
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of diced cooked garlic, in a refrigerated jar or 3 tablespoons fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel hair pasta
- add olive oil to skillet.
- stir in diced garlic from a jar like spice world brand or use fresh garlic.
- add cans of diced tomatoes.
- simmer about 20 minute.
- these ingredients may be added before simmering.
- 1 bag of frozen mixed red green and red peppers
- 2 14 1/2 oz cans of sliced mushrooms or fresh mushrooms.
- cooked italian sasuage though i like to make that separately remove any fat and add to pasta as wanted.
- serve with shredded romano and parmasean cheese and garlic toast.texas frozen garlic toast is yum.
- base sauce can be doubled or tripled
- any pasta may be used.