Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Good Spaghetti Sauce. Put here for safe keeping.
Make and share this Spaghetti Sauce for Canning recipe from Food.com.
- 5 quarts tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups onions, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon summer savory
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried mushroom
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 5 bay leaves
- 6 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- Puree tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers, and place in stock pot. Add remaining ingredients, except bay leaves, to pot. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes or till desired consistency. Place one bay leaf in each canning jar. Ladle hot spaghetti sauce into clean sterilized jars, and secure flats and rings. Process in pressure canner at 11 lbs. pressure for 25 minute for quarts. Cooking time does not include processing time.