Prep 3 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
A great way to use up your tomato's from your garden,,,,and without all the preservatives this sauce does not upset out stomach!
- 12 quarts tomatoes (chopped thin)
- 2 cups green peppers (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot hungarian peppers (chopped)
- 3 onions (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons canning salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 4 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 4 cans tomato paste, for thickening (6 ounce)
- Drain most water off tomato's while cutting before putting in pan.
- Put everything except tomato paste in large stock pot.
- Cook several hours for veggies to cook well.
- Then add tomato paste.
- Cook another hour to desired consistency.
- This is a basic recipe,,,,add additional sugar/italian seasoning to desired taste.