1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Nat Da Brat's Note:
This is my version of quick cook chili/spaghetti Sauce. Weird but true! Makes a wonderful chili dog too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 Spanish onion (chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons cumin (separated)
- 6 tablespoons chili powder (separated)
- 4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (23 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 jalapenos (seeds removed, chopped fine)
- 1 rind parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 12 stalks fresh thyme (leaves only, separated)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (separated)
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans (1/2 drained, some liquid good)
- 1Put olive oil in a large pot, on med-high heat.
- 2Add celery, onion, grated carrot, salt, parsley and basil.
- 3Cook uncovered until translucent, add 1/2 cumin and 1/2 chili powder.
- 4Continue cooking for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add ground beef, stir and cover.
- 6Stirring occasionally, cook until ground beef is no longer pink (about 15 min).
- 7There will be quite a bit of "juice" in the meat mixture.
- 8Add the canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste.
- 9Bring to a simmer, lower heat to keep a mild simmer.
- 10Add 1/2 of brown sugar and 1/2 of thyme plus the jalapeños and the Parmesan rind.
- 11Simmer for about 45 minutes.
- 12Add the remainder of the cumin, chili powder, sugar and thyme and the can of kidney beans.
- 13Cook another 15 minutes and it's ready!
- 14Always taste and adjust if necessary before serving.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Sauce Chili
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 580.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: