1/2 Photos of Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs
2 hrs 40 mins
This is my husband and childs favorite spaghetti sauce and meatballs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1In large pot saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is softened.
- 2Add tomato paste and stir into olive oil until completely mixed .
- 3Stir in tomato sauce and tomatoes.
- 4Slowly mix in the 4 cups of water.
- 5Add bay leaves,.
- 6oregano, basil, salt, pepper, sugar and stir well.
- 7Bring to a boil then turn down and simmer for one hour.
- 8For your meatballs combine the beef, finely minced garlic, Italian bread crumbs, basil, oregano, parmesan cheese, eggs, salt and pepper and mix together well.
- 9Shape into 1 inch size meatballs and place on a cookie sheet.
- 10Bake meatballs in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- 11Add meatballs to the sauce after 1 hour of cooking sauce.
- 12Continue to cook the sauce and meatballs 1 more hour or longer if you like.
- 13Uncover the sauce during the last half hour to thicken up the sauce.
- 14Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 15Serve sauce and meatballs over spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (993 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1392.0
- Calories from Fat 691
- Total Fat 76.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 406.7 mg
- Sodium 5403.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 88.7 g