Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my mother in law's, mother in law's sauce recipe. It is sweet due to the sugar, but it's my husband's favorite! The meatball recipe is one I adapted using parmesan cheese instead of eggs since my daughter is allergic to egg whites. This meal is yummy!
- 2 (340.19 g) can tomato paste
- 2 (340.19 g) can water
- 822.13 g can tomato puree
- 822.13 g can water
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml dry onion flakes (more or less to taste)
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 118.32 ml sugar
- cut up vegetables, such as green pepper, onions, mushrooms (optional)
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml Italian spices
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml milk
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- Sauce: combine all ingredients in large dutch oven.
- Simmer on stove top 3-5 hours.
- Meatballs: Combine all ingredients together in large bowl.
- Shape into balls and place in simmering sauce to cook.
- **the meatballs can be browned in oven or on stovetop instead of being cooked in sauce.
You saved my day! The eggless meatballs were delicious. Next I will have to try your sauce. If anyone out there is out of eggs, give these meatballs a try. Thank You.
I made the meatballs and they were delicious. Just the recipe I needed. Simple meatballs with no egg. I didn't have any Parmesan so I used some mild cheddar. Very good and probably would be much better with the Parm. Simple is often the best and this recipe makes excellent meatballs.
I just made the meatballs, and not the sauce -- but the eggless meatballs were great! I was worried I wouldn't be able to make dinner as planned because I was out of eggs, so this recipe saved me. VERY yummy, could not tell the difference.