Recipe by Lilkari23
This is my mother in law's, mother in law's sauce recipe. It is sweet due to the sugar, but it's my husband's favorite! The meatball recipe is one I adapted using parmesan cheese instead of eggs since my daughter is allergic to egg whites. This meal is yummy!
Top Review by evening
I made the meatballs and they were delicious. Just the recipe I needed. Simple meatballs with no egg. I didn't have any Parmesan so I used some mild cheddar. Very good and probably would be much better with the Parm. Simple is often the best and this recipe makes excellent meatballs.
- 2 (340.19 g) can tomato paste
- 2 (340.19 g) can water
- 822.13 g can tomato puree
- 822.13 g can water
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml dry onion flakes (more or less to taste)
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 118.32 ml sugar
- cut up vegetables, such as green pepper, onions, mushrooms (optional)
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml Italian spices
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml milk
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauce: combine all ingredients in large dutch oven.
- Simmer on stove top 3-5 hours.
- Meatballs: Combine all ingredients together in large bowl.
- Shape into balls and place in simmering sauce to cook.
- **the meatballs can be browned in oven or on stovetop instead of being cooked in sauce.