Recipe by bullwinkle
This spaghetti sauce is a little different than the normal spaghetti sauce.
Top Review by micro_ang
This was quite nice, but probably a little bit too spicy for my taste. It was worth a try, but I am still in search of the 'perfect' meat sauce recipe to make my family staple. Thank you for a good recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon crumbled leaf oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled dried leaf basil
- 1 crumbled bay leaf
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried red chili pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (if needed to mellow the tartness of the tomatoes)
- 1 lb thin cooked spaghetti
- grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese, to top spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef over medium heat.
- Add next 7 ingredients.
- Cook for 5 more minutes or until onions are limp.
- Lower heat and add tomato paste, tomatoes, water and salt.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionallly for 1 1/4 hours or until sauce is very thick.
- Mix in parsley and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Taste to see if sauce is to tart.
- If so add the sugar.
- Serve sauce on top of spaghetti and top with grated cheese.