Recipe by Daniele1969
I came home late from work and just ransacked my kitchen. I am not usually one to use nothing but cans, but this really turned out fantastic. I was really surprised AND it was relatively fast to make.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte diced tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancontedina diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, saute onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add turkey and pork and saute until cooked all the way.
- Throw in the 2 cans of diced tomatoes and turn the heat down to med-hi heat and bring to a simmer.
- Reconstitute the tomato paste in the water and add to the pot.
- Taste sauce and season with Salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered until it cooks down about 30-40 minutes, or until it reaches the thickness you like!
- Cook an entire 16 oz package of Linguini to go with it.