Recipe by HeatherP
Thgis is great spagetti sauce that was handed down to me from my mother-in-law. My family says I've spoiled my children because now they will only eat this sauce not the jar type. Don't let the idea of making your own sauce scare you it is very simple to make.
- 2 packets spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 cans tomato paste (mid-size)
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 package Italian sausage
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large saucepan.
- While beef is browning cut sausage into bite-size pieces.
- Add sausage to beef and cook until well browned.
- Chop green pepper and onion into desired size.
- Drain grease off and add onion and pepper.
- Add spice packets, tomato paste, tomato puree', water and sugar.
- Simmer over low heat for about three hours to allow flovors to meld, stirring frequently to keep from scalding the bottom.
- Serve over spagetti pasta or other pasta dishes.
- This can also be frozen in serving or meal size portions and thawed as needed.