Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my absolute most favorite meal. My mom made this alot for us growing up, and since we're now grown and out of the house, it's a favorite Sunday dinner when we all get together. Sometimes I will also add prepared frozen meatballs to the sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- In a large sauce pan, brown together the beef, onions, and garlic; drain grease and return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to the beef and mix together well.
- Simmer over low to medium heat for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
Too much garlic. Too much cinnamon. Yet not enough flavor.