Recipe by Terri Crooks
A very tasty sauce! Nice and chunky too. This is actually a double batch as I freeze it in 2 cup containers for my hubby and I. A serving of this is 1 Cup. Hope you like it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots (diced small, about 2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery (diced small, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium onions (diced small, about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (I use the crushed jarred stuff)
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu Parmesan & Romano)
- 2 cups heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute Carrot, Celery, and Onion in Oil on medium low heat for 30 to 45 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
- Add garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of ingredients except the Ragu & Heavy Cream, bring to boil & simmer 2 - 3 hours.
- Add Ragu and Heavy Cream, cook until hot and serve on pasta.