4 hrs 30 mins
Terri Crooks's Note:
A very tasty sauce! Nice and chunky too. This is actually a double batch as I freeze it in 2 cup containers for my hubby and I. A serving of this is 1 Cup. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots (diced small, about 2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery (diced small, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium onions (diced small, about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (I use the crushed jarred stuff)
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu Parmesan & Romano)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1Saute Carrot, Celery, and Onion in Oil on medium low heat for 30 to 45 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
- 2Add garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- 3Add the rest of ingredients except the Ragu & Heavy Cream, bring to boil & simmer 2 - 3 hours.
- 4Add Ragu and Heavy Cream, cook until hot and serve on pasta.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 823.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g