Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Again a recipe I grew up with. It is the only spaghetti my hubby will touch and works well as the sauce in lasagna. I think the original recipe called for onions and garlic cooked with the ground beef - but I never add them. You can also add mushrooms or other veggies to this for you veggie lovers out there. This sauce freezes well and can easily be doubled!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Cook and drain ground beef.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato sauce, white sugar, vinegar, mustard, chili powder and Italian seasoning.
- Simmer over medium heat until heated through.
I made this sauce for supper last night. I did do 2 things different . I made meat balls from Kittencal's #60173 for the ground beef. I just mix up the sauce mix put it in my crock pot, I only added 2 T. chili, we don't like food to hot. Then added some meat balls, cooked on high for 3 hours, the meatballs cooked up real nice. The sauce thicken up, had a nice flavor, the sauce stayed on our spaghetti. my son said this is good nice flavor and something different. It was so easy to make had everything right at home. Will make it again. Thanks