Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 can small tomato paste
- 1 can small tomato sauce
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon basil (or to taste)
- Brown and drain the ground beef, add all ingredients and stir well.
- Bring to a light boil then simmer covered for at least 30 min.
- May need to add a little water if it gets too thick.
- The longer it simmers the more flavorful it will get.
I totally disagree with the last comment. My family has used a similar recipe for spaghetti and loves it. We are not in culinary school here we are just sharing recipes. If you have what you think is a better recipe submit it but I think the last comments were snobbish and petty.
LOL you have to love these snobs who are "Culinary Experts"..TRUE Spaghetti Sauces with meat Simmer For HOURS and HOURS with the meat , this is what gives the sauce a great flavor..This recipe is perfectly fine for a simple sauce. To be honest, if you are a "Culinary Expert" you should have your own Spaghetti Sauce recipe anyhow, and have no need to try any other's..I cannot even imagine how horrible your sauce must taste if you throw the meat in so close to serving... Great, Simple, Tasty Recipe Tina!
This was excellent! Super easy to make & let simmer while making salad dressing & pasta. The only changes I made were to add 1/4 of a leftover onion & use a yellow pepper instead of green (what I had on hand). Thanks for a great spaghetti dinner, Tina! :)