Recipe by brokenburner
This is a recipe that I created, using one that I found on catalogs.com ... that recipe didn't list amounts, and when I realized how little sauce I'd get from ten tomatoes, I just started tossing in a bunch of other vegetables to bulk it up. We had this on Pesach with spaghetti squash, and it was very good.
- 10 tomatoes
- 18 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons horseradish, grated
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 8 baby beets, cooked and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and seed the tomatoes: cut each tomato in half and scoop out the seeds, then squeeze to drain. Chop the tomatoes, place in a large pot, and begin to cook over low heat.
- Brown the meat, remove from heat, and drain, retaining liquids.
- Saute the onion, carrots and horseradish in the meat liquids until the onion is translucent. Add the zucchini and beets and cook until the zucchini has stopped releasing liquids. Add mixture to the pot with the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes. Add the browned meat last.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for approximately one hour or until desired thickness is reached.