Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This makes a very rich, tasty sauce. Though the ingredient list below calls for ground chuck, it is wonderful with italian sausage as well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (plum, if you can find them)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red wine
- Brown beef in 3 or 4 qt Dutch oven. Remove from pan and drain off liquid and fat. Add olive oil to pan and saute onions and peppers.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, and simmer 2 hours on low heat.
delicious chunky sauce...could probably process before adding meat if you want it less chunky...for picky kids... loved it