Recipe by Jenny White
This recipe came from my grandmother. It has always been one of my favorite things she makes. It is a very delicious thick sauce and it freezes very well.
Top Review by hanson1326
We all thought this was really good. I too used only one can of paste and added some chicken broth. I put a little oregano and basil and some meatballs. I think it is a keeper.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 bay leaves