Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Family loved it!
Make and share this Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for sauteing)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 onions, medium, diced
- 3 green peppers, diced
- 2 (8 ounce) mushrooms, fresh
- 3 lbs ground beef (use less beef if adding sausages)
- 4 Italian sausages, remove casings (optional)
- 2 (680 ml) cans tomato sauce
- 3 (680 ml) cans pasta sauce (I use Hunt's Thick & Rich Original)
- 3 (156 ml) cans tomato paste
- 3 (796 ml) cans diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (use the good stuff)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add more if you want it hotter)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In large stockpot brown ground beef (and sausage); drain off any grease.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and add garlic and onions, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add green peppers to garlic and onions and sauté for 4 minutes.
- When garlic, onions and green pepper are done, add to large stockpot with the beef.
- Sauté mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil and when done add to mixture.
- While the mushrooms are sautéing, start adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- After sauce has cooled, separate into freezable container for future dinners.
- FYI: This recipe makes a total of 32 cups of sauce and the serving size is calculated on 1/2 cup per person.