Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this from my Mom. It's one of those kinds of recipes that remind you of your childhood, walking in the house and smelling the aromas cooking for supper.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 4 (19 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- Cook first five ingredients until lightly browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer at least 1 1/2 hours.
Try adding oregano to your ingredients.