Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from my wife's family, and is adored by everyone who tries it. Try topping with sliced green olives and a dollop of hot sauce. You can easily double this recipe for large groups.
- 793.78 g cancrushed tomatoes
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 680.38 g ground beef, round or sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 113.39 g fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml basil, chopped
- grated parmesan cheese
- Pour crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste into large pot and put on simmer.
- While sauce simmers, brown meat and drain fat.
- Add meat to sauce.
- Chop onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and add to pot.
- Add garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer all ingredients at least 2 hours before serving over favorite pasta and topped with parmesan.
Wonderful recipe!!!!! My family loved it!
I loved this. Being a vegetarian I left out the meat and when it was almost done I tossed in my Tofurky spicy non-meat sausages. The sauce was so good no one even knew it didn't have the real thing in it. Thanks!