Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from my wife's family, and is adored by everyone who tries it. Try topping with sliced green olives and a dollop of hot sauce. You can easily double this recipe for large groups.
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, round or sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- grated parmesan cheese
- Pour crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste into large pot and put on simmer.
- While sauce simmers, brown meat and drain fat.
- Add meat to sauce.
- Chop onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and add to pot.
- Add garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer all ingredients at least 2 hours before serving over favorite pasta and topped with parmesan.