Recipe by Stacy B
The more vegetables, the better!!! Dried herbs may be used in place of fresh herbs.
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup white mushroom, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (737 g) jarprego pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan, cook the beef until brown, drain, keep in the pan.
- In a Dutch oven or LARGE cooking pan cook carrots, celery, garlic, mushrooms, onion, sweet pepper in hot oil until they are tender.
- Stir in beef, tomatoes, tomato paste, Prego, parsley, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Stir in fresh herbs.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta accordingly and serve with sauce. Sprinkly with Parmesan if desired.