Recipe by SpcDlvry
I made this up so that I could get a consistent product across many meals. It is a huge batch - 1 day cooking style - frozen for future use.
- 4 huge white onions, chopped
- 6 cups chopped green peppers
- 2 heads garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup italian seasoning
- 6 (45 ounce) jarsof ragu traditional spaghetti sauce (retain jars and obtain 2 other quart size jars)
- 6 lbs ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain very well.
- Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in same pan.
- Add onions and green peppers and saute on medium heat until crisp tender.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into 12-16 qt stock pot.
- Add beef, onions, peppers, garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Stir well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Decant into reserved jars.
- Allow 1" head room, place in freezer.
- Freeze until firm and screw on jar tops.
- Recipe will fill all 6 sauce jars, 2 extra quart canning jars and still have enough for dinner that night!