Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
no salt sauce
- 1 lb beef mince
- 1 can natural crushed tomatoes (no salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a saucepan or pot add oil let it heat up, add onion, garlic and mince stir until browns, add all other ingredients take it to boil, then reduce heat to low and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
- Give a stir every 10 minutes.
- If it's to thick add some water.
- If you want it thicker, just add 1/4 cup of water, mixed with 1 tspoon of cornflour.
- If to acid just add 1/2 tspoon sugar.
This sauce is OK, though I had to more that double the oregano, thyme, basil, garlic, and Worcestershire to get any flavor. The author also has quite a bit of nerve calling this "no salt", considering the amount of sodium in regular soy sauce (345mg/Tsp); I used light soy.
easy but not that interesting. the tomato gave a very strong flavour and i think ur sauce propertions r not right as they gave no taste. the herbs were good, gave rich flavour :)
this recipe was really good and it did keep well in the refrigerator for about 10 days.So,all you have to do is boil spaghetti or pasta and that's it.and there you go!!!