Recipe by Lalaloula
This is a loosely mediterranian inspired spaghetti salad. It is packed with flavour and just a little different due to the use of spaghetti instead of penne pasta. If you like feel free to add in other veggies of your choice (celery, carrot, bell pepper, broccoli, olives). It can be gluten-free if you ensure that your pasta is gluten-free (corn, rice, quinoa, millet, soy) and your pesto sauce also. I hope youll enjoy this salad as much as we do! :)
Top Review by littlemafia
Another great pasta salad from loula!I used the last of summer tomatoes,still sweet and tasty and a homemade pesto - the basil did really well this summer,I used dried rosemary,that the one thing that wouldn't grow in my balcony.Very much enjoyed this light dish.Oh,I threw in some black olives.
- 250 g spaghetti (~1/2 lb, I used corn spaghetti so it was gluten-free)
- 78.07 ml peas, frozen
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 100 g feta cheese
- 9.85 ml pesto sauce
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary, minced
- 0.59 ml granulated garlic
- 7.39 ml fresh chives, minced
- 4.92 ml oil (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in salted water according to package directions. Ordinary spaghetti should take around 8-12 minutes.
- 2 minutes before end of cooking time add in the frozen peas.
- Drain and add to a big bowl.
- Stir in pesto sauce and oil if using. Sprinkle with herbs, garlic, pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Now add in the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. Mix.
- Keep chilled til serving or eat right away.
- Sautee one large onion (chopped) in a little oil while cooking the pasta. Add to the salad with remaining ingredients.