Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a loosely mediterranian inspired spaghetti salad. It is packed with flavour and just a little different due to the use of spaghetti instead of penne pasta. If you like feel free to add in other veggies of your choice (celery, carrot, bell pepper, broccoli, olives). It can be gluten-free if you ensure that your pasta is gluten-free (corn, rice, quinoa, millet, soy) and your pesto sauce also. I hope youll enjoy this salad as much as we do! :)
- 250 g spaghetti (~1/2 lb, I used corn spaghetti so it was gluten-free)
- 1⁄3 cup peas, frozen
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 100 g feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon oil (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook spaghetti in salted water according to package directions. Ordinary spaghetti should take around 8-12 minutes.
- 2 minutes before end of cooking time add in the frozen peas.
- Drain and add to a big bowl.
- Stir in pesto sauce and oil if using. Sprinkle with herbs, garlic, pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Now add in the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. Mix.
- Keep chilled til serving or eat right away.
- Sautee one large onion (chopped) in a little oil while cooking the pasta. Add to the salad with remaining ingredients.
Another great pasta salad from loula!I used the last of summer tomatoes,still sweet and tasty and a homemade pesto - the basil did really well this summer,I used dried rosemary,that the one thing that wouldn't grow in my balcony.Very much enjoyed this light dish.Oh,I threw in some black olives.
Great side dish or salad as it can be served warm, room temp, or cold. I added an additional two teaspoons of pesto sauce and some extra peas to the dish. Served it with some roasted chicken and everyone loved it. Thanks for the post.
A delectable dish Loula! I made as posted with the exception of adding the peas, I am not a lover of peas in pasta salads, so left them out! I used fresh chives and rosemary from my garden and red pesto with sundried tomatoes. I loved the combination of flavours - it was fresh and yet very tasty. I used Alsace egg spaghetti for a real treat and garnished the dish with fresh chives and chive blossoms. I added the olive oil as an extra to the pan of boiling spaghetti to stop it sticking as well as adding a subtle taste too. Made for Andi's Farmhouse Cooking event in the Photo's forum and also the herb of the month in the French forum which is Chives for May! Merci encore! FT:-)