Recipe by Rita P
This recipe was given to me by a friend many years ago. I continue to make it on a regular basis. I like to serve it on a bed of finely chopped lettuce. Salad will keep for a week in refrigerator.
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 slices cooked ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 small sweet gherkins, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup radish, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Break spaghetti into thirds, cook according to directions on package; drain.
- Rinse in cold water; set aside.
- Combine next 9 ingredients, mixing well.
- Stir in spaghetti.
- Combine mayo, mustard, lemon juice, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Pour over spaghetti mixture and toss to coat.