Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
I got this from a lady at church. She got it online somewhere. But it is a good recipe and our family loves it. Once again, I added things that we like to the basic recipe. I know that everybody's tastes are different so don't worry if you happen to give it a low rating. I just love sharing the recipes we love. The cooking time is the 6 hour chilling time but it would be better even to leave it in the fridge overnight if possible.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spaghetti, cooked and cooled
- 1 tomatoes, chopped (I use little cherub tomatoes cut in half)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced about 1/4 inch thick then cut the slice into thirds
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained well
- 2 celery ribs, sliced (half moon shape)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, sliced (I use half the can but you can use more if you prefer)
- 1 (16 -20 ounce) bottleof your favorite Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I use lite)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti and rinse under cold water then set aside.
- chop the vegetables and set aside.
- Drain garbanzo beans and add to other vegetables.
- Mix all other ingredients together before adding to spaghetti.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Best if made the night before and chilled overnight.