Recipe by -Sylvie-
This is from Lesley Waters (UK TV-Chef) 'Easy Ways to Success-Healthy' cookbook. It can be served hot or cold, so it makes it ideal for lunch boxes or picnics.
Top Review by Mrs. Rachel
This recipe is great! I did add extra garlic, I think I used 3 cloves, and I added some oregano and basil. This dish was SUPER easy to prepare, and my husband said he didn't know canned tuna could taste this good. I will make this again.
- 225 g spaghetti (8oz)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spaghetti al dente, according to directions.
- Drain and rinse under plenty of cold water, drain again and put aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet, which has to be suitable to put under the broiler/grill.
- Fry the onion over a medium heat for approximately five minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, tuna eggs and onion/garlic mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, you can also add some oregano or basil if you like.
- Pour everything into your skillet and top with cheese.
- Cook on top of the hob, without stirring, until the eggs are nearly fully set, about ten minutes.
- Place under a preheated medium grill/broiler and grill until fully set and starting to brown.
- It's good cut into wedges and served with a salad.