A delicious quick Italian red sauce with black olives and capers. A must in your recipe folder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (35 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained & roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2/3 cup oil-cured black olive, pitted and roughly chopped (I use greek Kalamata olives)
- 1 pinch dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- parmesan cheese
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the garlic, stir, 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in the tomatoes, capers, olives, red pepper flakes, basil, oregano, and black pepper, return to low heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper if needed.
- 5Reduce the heat to very low, simmer another 15 minutes.
- 6Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling water until al dente; drain.
- 7Toss the spaghetti with the sauce, sprinkle on the fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese, and serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti & Puttanesca Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.9
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 250.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 17.6 g