Recipe by Sharlene~W
A friend of mine served this at a dinner party. Everyone loved it and went home with the recipe. From Weight Watcher's magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 12 small black olives, sliced (pitted)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bow, soak raisins in 1/3 cup warm water.
- Heat oil in large skillet over low heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 7 to 10 minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook spaghetti 7 to 9 minutes, until tender, drain and keep warm.
- To skillet, add raisins and their soaking liquid, tomatoes, tomato sauce, olives and ground red pepper.
- Raise heat to high and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Break tuna into chunks; stir into tomato mixture and cook just until heated through.
- Season to taste with pepper.