Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
It is a wonderful treat, instead of the plain old spaghetti....it tastes fantastic, it was gobbled up at my house.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked,drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked,drained
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- Toss cooked spaghetti, parmesan cheese and egg.
- Place in 9-inch pie plate.
- Press along bottom and sides to form crust.
- Mix cooked meat and spaghetti sauce.
- Spread meat mixture over spaghetti crust.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
super easy and delicioius! i didnt think it would be as tasty as it was, but that probably has a lot to do with what sauce you use. i used ragu chunky and put mushrooms on top of the cheese. it was really good! i think next time i might try adding some breadcrumbs to the "crust" for some more flavor and crispiness.
I gave this 4 stars. My family loved this spaghetti pie. On July 16th, 2007 was the first time my family ever had spaghetti pie and we really liked it. I have made it so many times in the past that I now use leftover homemade spaghetti meatsauce and top it with pepperoni. My then 6 yrs old niece and then 4 yrs old newphew liked it so much they asked for seconds and to have it again. My only complaint is I have such a problem mixing the egg/cheese/spaghetti mix as it useually clumps together on me but once it's baked you don't notice it. Thanks for posting such a easy yummy recipe. Christine (internetnut)
My boys and I loved this. I had leftover spaghetti from the night before so I used that topped with 2 cups of spaghetti sauce which already had ground beef in it. This made for a quick lunch. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. We all enjoyed it. This is a great recipe to make when you have leftover spaghetti.