Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was in Light and Tasty magazine.
- 1 (7 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, meatless
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook spaghetti till done. Rinse with cold water and drain. In a bowl, toss spaghetti with egg substitute and Parmesan cheese. Spread evenly into a 15x10x1 inch baking pan coasted with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat till no longer pink; drain.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings; heat through.
- Spoon over spaghetti. Top with mushrooms and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or till lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Very good and easy to make - makes a lot! I used whole wheat spaghetti and ground veal with no problems. Thanks for sharing!