Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This pie is a great way to use up leftover pasta. Serve it with bread and a salad for lunch, brunch or dinner.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, thick stalks trimmed,remainder coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage links or 8 ounces hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinkly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked thin spaghetti
- 4 ounces italian fontina or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Cook broccoli rabe in boiling salted water 5 minutes, then drain in a colander.
- Cook sausage meat in an ovenproof heavy skillet over moderately high heat, breaking up meat with a spoon, until browned and crisp.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add oil and garlic to skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until garlic is golden, about 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and cook, stirring 3 minutes.
- Add salt, then pepper to taste.
- Add to sausage with the spaghetti, cheese and eggs.
- Toss well and spoon mixture into skillet, spreading to smooth top.
- Bake in middle of oven until center is set but still moist, 20 to 25 minutes.
- let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.