Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This is a simple recipe that can be thrown together in no time. I make a few different spaghetti pies. This is the easiest.
- 1 lb cooked cooled spaghetti
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl beat eggs. Add the grated cheese and stir to break up clumps.
- Add salt if you use it and the freshly ground black pepper (the coarser the pepper, the better).
- Add the spaghetti and mix until it is coated with the egg/cheese mixture.
- Heat your frying pan (I prefer a black iron pan).
- When very hot add your extra virgin olive oil.
- Coat the pan generously and pour in the pasta mixture.
- While it is cooking push the edges in toward the center of the pan. This will compact the "pie" and keep it intact later.
- When the bottom side of pie is GOLDEN BROWN place a plate on top of the frying pan and flip the pie into the plate.
- Then slide the pie back into pan golden side up. When the bottom side has cooked carefully transfer the pie to a plate to cool. Enjoy this Sicilian pasta omelette. Makes approximately 8 servings.