Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My DS's & my DH love this twist on traditional spaghetti! We hope you'll enjoy it too!
- 6 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked &, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef (or turkey or venison)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Stir butter into hot spaghetti, along w/ Parmesan cheese.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Form into a crust in a buttered 10" pan.
- Spread cottage cheese onto spaghetti crust.
- Brown ground beef& onion.
- Add spaghetti sauce to the beef.
- Pour into noodle'crust.
- Bake uncovered@ 350 for 20 minutes.
- Add mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
My kids love this, which is enough for me to give any recipe 5 stars. I use my own spagetti sauce, and don't add any ground meat since my saice already has meat in it.
DH nearly passed out. For a few seconds I thought I was going to have to hide a body. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
Excellent Flavor! I made my own spaghetti sauce. Thanks for posting.