1/1 Photo of Spaghetti Pie
This is one of my adopted recipes. It looks like a dish my family and I would enjoy, so I hope to make it and edit it in the future.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package spaghetti (we use lower carb spaghetti from Mission)
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine (butter preferred)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper ((or red/yellow/orange bell peppers if you don't like green))
- 1 (8 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano, or basil, or both, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, to taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1Cook the spaghetti according to directions on package and drain.
- 2Stir butter, parmesan, cheese, and eggs in hot spaghetti.
- 3Form mixture into a "crust" in a buttered 10" pie plate.
- 4Spread cottage cheese over bottom of spaghetti crust.
- 5In skillet, cook ground beef or sausage, onion, and pepper until vegetables are tender and meat is browned.
- 6Drain excess fat.
- 7Stir in undrained tomatoes, brown sugar, oregano, garlic, and tomato paste and heat.
- 8Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper, then transfer meat mixture into spaghetti crust.
- 9Bake uncovered in 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle mozarella cheese on top.
- 11Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Pie
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.0
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 671.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 31.5 g