1/1 Photo of Spaghetti Pie
Bay Laurel's Note:
This is a food network recipe from Emeril Lagasse, 2001. He does have a longer version with making your own sauce but I wanted to keep it simple since that is how I made it. The recipe also says to make it in a 2 quart pan but I made it in a 1 quart and it worked fine. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup pepperoni, sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add salt and spaghetti and stir to combine.
- 3Return to a boil, reduce heat to a low boil and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- 4Drain spaghetti in colander.
- 5Return to the pot and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil and set aside.
- 6Preheat the oven to 375°.
- 7Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish with the remaining olive oil and set aside.
- 8In a large mixing bowl combine the spaghetti, pasta sauce, bell pepper, garlic, Essence, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and mozzarella and toss to mix well.
- 9If desired, also add chopped black olives and mushrooms, and mix to combine.
- 10In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk.
- 11Transfer the spaghetti mixture to the prepared dish and pour the egg mixture over the top.
- 12. Arrange the sliced pepperoni in an even layer over the top, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 13Bake until bubbly and golden brown on top, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 14Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Pie
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.4
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.4 mg
- Sodium 1046.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: