1/2 Photos of Spaghetti Pie
The Wallaces's Note:
First of three pasta pies from an old BH&G cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 2 eggs, beaten in separate bowls
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, cut up
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 1/2 lb ground beef or 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- 3Combine 1 beaten egg, Parmesan, and butter in a medium bowl. Add spaghetti, toss to coat.
- 4Press spaghetti mixture into the bottom and sides of a greased 9-inch pie plate to create crust.
- 5Combine 1 beaten egg and cottage cheese in small bowl. Spread over the spaghetti crust and set aside.
- 6Cook meat, onion, and green pepper in skillet until the meat is brown. Drain excess fat from skillet and stir in spaghetti sauce. Cook until heated through.
- 7Spoon meat mixture over cottage cheese layer.
- 8Bake uncovered at 350F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake another 5 minutes or more until cheese is melted.
- 9Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Pie
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.8
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 159.3 mg
- Sodium 613.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 30.3 g