Recipe by traderTO
Wonderful easy recipe with a twist on spaghetti. You can make this ahead of time and bake when you get home, and I have had success freezing and baking later.
Top Review by DaddyChef75
We have made this at least 5 times and never had any problems with leftovers going uneaten. We added Italian spices and crushed red pepper flakes to the meat sauce for a lil' more kick.Thank you for the wonderful recipe!
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Smear some butter around a pie dish to make sure that dinner doesn’t stick.
- Break pasta in ½, and boil it. (set aside).
- Beat eggs and add Grated Parmesan Cheese…mix with pasta when pasta is still hot.
- Form the pasta/egg/cheese mixture and press into a pie dish.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in a pan with butter. Once this is done, take it off of the stove, let it cool a bit and fold in the sour cream.
- Add this to the pasta in the pie dish.
- Brown the Sausage in a pan (drain the fat).
- Add the tomato paste and water to the meat and mix on the stove until it becomes a sauce.
- Add this to the pie dish (it should be the top layer).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min, remove from the oven, add the mozzarella cheese to the top and put back in the oven for 5 minute.