1/1 Photo of Spaghetti Pie
Chef 'Diva Divine's Note:
For the spaghetti crust, use 2 forks, a rubber spaula, or a wooden spoon to firmly press the spaghetti mixture evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Build the edges high enough to hold all the filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3/4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (ground)
- 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella (shredded)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook pasta in unsalted water for approx 10-12 mins, just till tender. Drain well, and return to saucepan & stir in margarine till melted. Stir in egg, & parm.
- 3Spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray, coting. Press spaghetti mixture on the bottom & up the sides of the pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese over crust.
- 4Cook beef, onion, green pepper, garlic, and fennel seed, till onion is tender and meat is NO longer pink. Drain & stir in tomato sauce and oregano; heat through. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle mozz atop meat mixture.
- 5Bake uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or till bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Pie
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 467.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low fat mozzarella